THE COCKTAIL TRADING CO. IS THE BRAINCHILD OF THREE LIFELONG BARTENDERS, WHO WANTED TO CREATE A BUSINESS THAT NOT ONLY OPERATED GREAT BARS, BUT ALSO GAVE BACK TO THE BAR WORLD.
'Dr' Andy Milz
ANDY’S BEEN AROUND A WHILE. HE’S SET UP AND RUN BARS FOR LEE CHAPMAN, LESLIE ASH, JJ GOODMAN, RAYMOND VAN BLANC, NICK HOUSE AND THE LOVELY KELLY BROOK...THE LIST GOES ON. HE’S BEEN CONSULTING AND COMPETING ALL THIS TIME (A SMALL-TIME COMPETITION KNOWN AS ‘DIAGEO WORLD CLASS’ WAS ONE OF HIS GREATER ACHIEVEMENTS), HAS DONE A LOT WRITING, A GOOD AMOUNT OF GENERALLY WINNING, ALL THE WHILE MAINTAINING SOME SERIOUSLY SPEEDY SKILLS AND OCCASIONALLY ACCEPTABLE CHAT.
Olly ‘Go for OJ’ Brading
OLLY’S GENERALLY A NICE, CHEEKY CHAP, AND HE’S BEEN AROUND THE BLOCK A FEW TIMES IN THIS WORLD OF BARS. AFTER RUNNING A FEW OF THE LONDON COCKTAIL CLUB BARS, HE WENT FREELANCE AND HAS CONSULTED ON SOME OF THE BIGGEST SPIRIT BRANDS IN THE WORLD, UNTIL FINALLY TYING THE KNOT WITH HIS TWO BUSINESS BUDDIES TO OPEN CTC!
Elliot Ball, 'BSc(Hons) PhD GCSE'
DEFINITELY THE GEEK OF THE GROUP, BUT, LIKE THE OTHERS, HE ALWAYS PUTS THE FUN FIRST. ANYHOW, ELLIOT’S BEEN ABOUT, OPENING, CONSULTING AND MANAGING VENUES, ALL WHILE TRYING TO APPLY HIS BACKGROUND IN THE SCIENCES TO THE UNDERSTANDING OF FLAVOUR. HE’S BASICALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CLEVER STUFF, BUT CAN STILL KNOCK OUT A SOLID CAPE CODDER.
Evaldas 'Elvis' Birbalas
We're gonna have to be honest here - he's just not done anything dumb yet - deeply disappointing. Following the sad departure of Nate during the pandemic (back to Canada, not... y'know.), Elvis pulled a real high-dive into those park-ranger boots of management. He's shown immeasurable character and integrity, but yeah basically hasn't done anything dumb yet, so it's kinda hard to make this funny. Stay tuned - it'll happen, and we'll be there.
Pete ‘Derek’ Lidstone
Aided by his Jesus-like appearance, Pete is one big water-walking enigma. At the time of writing, he’s no longer living in a hostel but still, subsists largely off cookies and buckfast, and has possibly the greatest disregard for personal property since Proudhon. He’s worked all around London, at Shrub and Shutter, London Cocktail Club, Mahiki and many more. In his time, he’s accumulated a great deal of knowledge and know-how, and wields it without a touch of arrogance. Or maybe that’s just his expression or pleasing Scottish accent. Charming devil.
Tony ‘TK’ Kousoulou
Tony comes to us in our hour of need – not only in filling the void left in Pere’s antipodean escape, but also on the till because we only had to knock the ‘B’ off ‘TKB’ (Pere’s TheKiwiBartender, #FollowForFollowYouGuys) and TIME IS MONEY. Speaking of time, did we ever tell you about the time he, on his trial shift, openly described Rad’s favourite product as ‘basic bitch gin’? LOL BANTZ HIRED
WE’RE PROUD OF EVERY LAST PERSON INVOLVED IN CTC - HERE’S WHAT WE’VE DONE AS A TEAM.
- DIAGEO WORLD CLASS TOP 8, WORLD FINALS
- BOLS AROUND THE WORLD TOP 8, WORLD FINALS
- ANGOSTURA COCKTAIL CHALLENGE WORLD FINALS
- JIM BEAM SHAKE HISTORY UK CHAMPIONS
- MASTERS OF MARASCHINO CHAMPION
- 42 BELOW NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
- IMBIBE BAR PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR (ACHIEVEMENTS UNDER 30) WINNER
- #7 - TimeOut’s Top 50 London Bars, 2016
- Shortlisted for Best New Bar, TimeOut Bar Awards 2017
- Shortlisted for Best Bar Team (runner-up), Best New Bar and Most Creative Bar, TimeOut Bar Awards 2016
- Shortlisted for Best New International Cocktail Bar, Spirited Awards @ Tales of the Cocktail, 2015
- World Champion - Flor de Cana Rum Frontiers 2016
- Tincup Axe-Throwing Champions, 2016
- Put a cocktail in a hot water bottle and received lots of abuse, 2015
THERE’S NOTHING WE LOVE MORE THAN TEACHING PEOPLE TO MAKE DRINKS AT THE CTC. NO GROUP IS TOO SMALL, NO GROUP TOO LARGE. HEN PARTIES, STAGS, CORPORATE, OR JUST FUN WITH FRIENDS - GIVE US A SHOUT ABOUT OUR OFF-THE-SHELF COCKTAIL COURSES, OR WE CAN BESPOKE TO YOUR NEEDS: INFO@THECOCKTAILTRADINGCO.COM
Professional Bar School
MORE INFO ON THE WAY - IF YOU’D LIKE ANY DETAILS, GET IN TOUCH: INFO@THECOCKTAILTRADINGCO.COM
THE CTC WAS BORN OF 3 LONDON BARTENDERS AND THEIR LOVE FOR DRINKS AND THE INDUSTRY. WE SET OUT TO CREATE A COMPANY THAT TOOK THE BEST OF THE PLACES WE’D WORKED AND LOVED, A PLACE THAT SUPPORTS THE PEOPLE LIVING AND WORKING IN OUR INDUSTRY AND HELPS THEM ACHIEVE SUCCESS IN WHAT THEY LOVE. WE WANT THIS BAR, THIS INDUSTRY, TO BE THE BEST IT CAN BE, WHICH IS HOPEFULLY GOOD NEWS FOR EVERYONE...
- We firmly support fair wages and have a cooperative company structure, providing perks typical to other professions such as healthcare, as well as hours that allow our staff to lead a more sustainable lifestyle.
- We work hard to minimise our waste, and we reuse and recycle as much as we can.
- We give preference to brands who share our ethical outlook within the industry.
- We are in discussions with local colleges to get our bar school accredited in a similar way to an NVQ, with the intention of laying the foundations for people to see the drinks industry as a long-term career opportunity.
- We support a number of charities in our day-to-day operations - ask if you’re curious.